Tuesday, September 25, 2007

how old is jane seymour

Cheetah Girl Sabrina Bryan won the judges approval with her debut dance on Season 5 of 'Dancing with the Stars.' The 23-year-old actress had the highest score of the night, 26 out of 30, for her cha cha cha. Judge Carrie Ann Inaba described her as "fierce."

Scary Spice Melanie Brown was anything but scary when she hit the dance floor. Brown tied with Jane Seymour in second place for her cha cha cha earning 24 points out of 30. Judge Bruno Tonioli called the performance "feisty" and "right on the money." Judge Len Goodman also had good things to say about her debut dance complimenting her with "good hip action."



Jane Seymour tied for second place with Mel B. At 56 she is the oldest contestant on the show but she didn't let it show on the dance floor. Seymour impressed the judges with her grace as she performed the foxtrot. She was described as the "essence of elegance."



Jennie Garth, dancing the cha cha cha, and Marie Osmond, dancing the foxtrot, tied in third place with 21 out of 30.



Josie Maran came in last place with the lowest score of the night, 16 out of 30. She danced the foxtrot and received bad reviews from all judges.



Tonight six male contestants will hit the dance floor to show of their moves. Wednesday night the first contestant will be voted off.



To view more stories and news related to Entertainment please go to: Access Hollywood
Updated: 6:22 p.m. ET Sept. 25, 2007
LOS ANGELES - Monday night was ladies' night on "Dancing With the Stars," and the girls cha cha'd their way to No. 1 in the television ratings with over 21 million viewers.

It was an emotional night for a very sexy Jennie Garth who brought her husband to tears.

"I think my husband was crying when he stood up at the end and was clapping for me," she told "Access Hollywood." "He knows how hard I've been working and sacrificing time with my babies."

Jane Seymour has always loved to dance, but a bad back, advancing years and the precarious health of her elderly mother had the actress convinced she couldn't possibly compete on one of her favourite TV shows, "Dancing With the Stars."

"Physically I didn't think I'd be capable of doing it because I have a fused spine and some back issues," the 56-year-old Seymour, best known for her years on "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman," said during a conference call on Thursday from Los Angeles.

"And also, I am by far the oldest female contestant they've ever had, and then the biggest issue was my mother is very seriously ill in England and I didn't think this would be the right time to do the show."

But it was her ailing mother - incapacitated by a stroke and unable to speak or move - who convinced Seymour, an avid dancer in her youth, to give it a try.

"I was persuaded when I realized that the dance training would probably help my back rather than hurt it and that this turned out to be my mother's favourite show ever, and she would not miss it ever," recalled Seymour, who was born in England and is now a U.S. citizen.

"When I announced to her that I'd been asked to do this, she attempted to talk very animatedly ... she got very, very excited when I said I was going to do this in her honour. I asked her if she'd be proud of me and she actually spoke the only word she's spoken since the stroke: she said 'yes."'

"Dancing With the Stars" returns for a fifth season on Tuesday night on CTV. It includes a roster of mostly fading stars - including Wayne Newton, Marie Osmond, Jennie Garth and former Spice Girl Melanie Brown - who will pair up with professional dancers to compete for the top prize.

Seymour's partner is Tony Dovolani, a top-ranked professional ballroom dancer.

"I am really lucky," Seymour says of nabbing Dovolani as her hoofing partner. "He's an incredible teacher and a great choreographer and he's not bad looking either."

Dovolani might also have something to prove this time out of the gate.

His partner during the show's third season was country music star Sara Evans, who withdrew midway through the competition because of a sordid marital breakup. Last season, television personality Leeza Gibbons was his partner but the pair was eliminated early on.

"He's a real stickler for hard work and technique but it's paying off because he's enabling me to do things with my body that I never imagined possible and strengthened me and my core so much so that I have no longer had any back issues at all," Seymour reports.

"We've been practising now for just over three weeks, and without trying I've lost 14 pounds, I'm in better shape than I was when I was 16 and I am happier than I could possibly ever tell you."

Competing on the show, in fact, has given Seymour - the mother of four children, including 11-year-old twin boys with husband James Keach - a new lease on life.

"I am excited, worn out and very sore but I feel like a five-year-old who's discovered dance class. It has totally brought joy into my life ... I would pay big money for this opportunity, and I am being given the gift of my life, basically."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home